January 7, 2014

2013 By the Numbers

2013 By the Numbers

433--miles run  (in contrast, I ran 651 miles in 2012)
1237--miles biked (in contrast, I biked 1130 miles in 2012)
57--miles swam (in contrast, I swam 68 miles in 2012)

1852---total miles, not including walks, elliptical, etc

6--half marathons completed (New Year's Race Los Angeles, Tinker Bell, Carlsbad, San Diego, La Jolla, America's Finest City)
1--15k completed  (Mission Gorge)
1--10k completed (Peace Love Run)
7--5ks completed (Electric Run, Puppy Love, Patriot's Run, Aloha Run, Awesome 80s, Oceanside Turkey Trot, Divas)
1--stair climb (9/11 Memorial Stair Climb)
1 triathlon (Mission Bay Sprint)
1 2.4 mile swim (Tiki Swim)

4--the number of those 5k races I ran with my son by my side

2--months I didn't run or bike at all in an effort to heal my herniated disc
2--months I didn't swim at all in an effort to heal a strained rhomboid muscle

80%--percent in which, today, I'd say my sciatic nerve, caused by a herniated disc, is healed

100%- percent in which my rhomoid muscle seems to be healed

4--big fears I conquered (doing a trail race, climbing a major hill on the bike, doing a 2.4 mile Ironman-distance ocean swim, and signing up for my second half Ironman.

2-hospital stays in my family (my husband and my mother)
0--stays in the hospital by my daughter
1--cancer diagnosis (my mother)
1--stroke (my husband)
2--neck braces my daughter had while still recovering from her broken neck


gazillion--the number of prayers I've said for various family members

countless--the moments in which I remain grateful for all I have and my life






4 comments:

  1. Love this! Great job! I think I drove that much this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome numbers! Six 13.1s!! That's pretty darn great. Hope your 2014 is just as fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy years help us appreciate the "calm" ones!! Despite all you still got some good work done and 2014 is yours for the taking!! Enjoy every minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a productive and full year! And interesting to see we did a couple of the same events, most recently the New Year's Race (see my recap at splitsandgiggles.blogspot.com. Shameless plug.

    On to 2014!!! Thoughts of doing a full marathon?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!