November 28, 2010
The Versatile Blogger Award
A few weeks ago one of my Twitter/blogging friends, Jacqi, nominated me for an award! Actually, this is my second award; a few months ago my friend Dani gave me an award too. Dani is another warrior mom who blogs about her amazing daughter and I highly suggest you check out her blog. Anyhow, I am thrilled to receive another award from Jaqui, who has an inspiring blog about running. Check it out!
This is the Versatile Blogger Award. The rules, per Jacqis blog, is that I have to share 7 things about myself, and nominate 7 deserving blogs. So here goes
1) Gone With The Wind is my favorite book of all time.
2) If I ever need to have a good laugh, I just need to put on a Christopher Guest movie. Spinal Tap and Waiting for Guffman never fail to leave me in stitches.
3) Although I work out almost every day now, and am a dedicated half-marathoner and now triathlete, I still have a hard time thinking of myself as an athlete.
4) I never knew how strong I could be until I had to deal with a child with multiple special medical needs.
5) My secret dream is to play bass and sing back-up in a band. I can't play bass, and don't have that great of a voice. But it's my fantasy.
6) I have been a vegetarian for 8 1/2 years and will never go back to meat.
7) I am a Brady Bunch fanatic, and always thought Peter (the middle brother) was the cutest.
Ok....so here are the 7 blogs I am nominating. Jacqi, I am not nominating yours, since you already have the award, but you seriously have a kick-ass blog!
1) Dani, who blogs at "I'm Just That Way and That's Just Me"
2) Erica, who blogs at "Erica Miss America"
3) OneFoot, who blogs at "One Foot Here, One Foot There"
4) Lisa, who blogs at "110 Pounds and Counting"
5) Debbi, who blogs at "The Henry Family Since 1997"
6) FatherPOV, who blogs at "A Father's Point of View"
7) Dana, who blogs at "The Sears Fam"
I am an avid blog reader, and keep up with tons of blogs. I especially love blogs written by parents of children with special needs, and by runners and triathletes. Reading about what other people are doing (parenting, running, training, etc) totally inspires me. I hope I can direct some of my readers to these totally deserving blogs as well!